The 2020 ACC Defensive Player of the Year and the Cleveland Browns 2021 second round pick out of Notre Dame, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, is making his presence off the field just as impactful as it is on it.
Jeremiah, who is of Ghanaian descent, is helping to bring American Football across the Atlantic to Ghana with his football camp. The goal of his camp is to expose American Football to the youth of Ghana who would like to learn more about the sport.
As the sport continues to grow internationally, we have seen an ever growing number of players from the African continent who have become great players in the NFL. Jeremiah’s camp is another step closer to ensuring that pipeline of African players to the NFL continues.
Here are some notable players who are or have parents from the great continent of Africa:
- Chukwuma Okorafor, OT Pittsburgh Steelers, Nigeria
- Emmanuel Ogbah, DE Miami Dolphins, Nigeria
- David Njoku, TE Cleveland Browns, Nigeria
- Ndamukong Suh, DT Tampa Bay Bus, Cameroon
- Tamba Hali, DL Kansas City Chiefs, Liberia
- Mohamed Sanu, WR San Francisco 49ers, Republic of Sierra Leone
- Cyrus Kouandjio, OT Retired, Cameroon